vocabulary in ielts exam from academic words list

Welcome to Academic IELTS Help Forums Student Support vocabulary in ielts exam from academic words list

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Khlood

hello
    i will study vocabulary form Academic words list it’s about 570 words but i have problem :
    1)i don’t know how find part of speech like verb noun adj adv from example from academic words in list a word (achieve) is verb but i don’t know find adj or adv or noun from this word.
    2) Also complex sentence ….how i can write complex sentence with correctly
    i hope anyone help me because i want to begin with study it .

aeadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Khlood,
    If you type the word into google it will give you the part of speech
    For complex sentences review using subordinating, correlative and coordinating conjunctions.
    Keep up the good studies.

John
    Participant

Hi Khlood,

Good to see your interest on vocabulary and making complex sentences. Regrading vocabulary I can suggest you to read newspaper as much as possible. Also, additionally Reader Digest magazine will help you a lot in building vocabulary. Go through the book from the very first page to last and especially you would notice that they concentrate on Vocabulary section where you can learn a lot.

Regarding, complex sentence writing, newspaper reading is the best option but just a friendly reminder, complex sentence is not sweet to hear or read always. Write for your readers, so that they can read your write up and get satisfaction. English writing should be lucid with a flow. But yes, simultaneously I will also say that you have to have solid control over English in respect of making complex sentence too, because that will help you in making easier and simple sentence for your audience.

Thanks
    John

aeadmin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the contribution John, some excellent words of wisdom.

John
    Participant

International English magazines and Readers Digest are very good to make solid vocabulary. And obviously implementation does matter..

aeadmin
    Keymaster

You are absolutely right John. Also, Scientific America is another good magazine for Academic IELTS related topics.

John
    Participant

Thanks Admin, many many thanks for the info about Scientific America

aeadmin
    Keymaster

You are most welcome John, keep up the good studies.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi i’m jaspreet kaur
    I do not properly understand,which tense use at what place ?
    Grammar rules must but sometime i mistake some words.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi i’m jaspreet kaur
    I do not properly understand,which tense use at what place ?
    Grammar rules must but sometime i mistake some words.so what i do?

kumar
    Participant

:)))

kqbdhomnay
    Participant

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.