strugles in the listening, reading section

Welcome to Academic IELTS Help Forums Student Support strugles in the listening, reading section

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    aeadmin
    Keymaster

aeadmin
    Keymaster

i have to do the ilets exam im freaking out about the speaking and reading section
    i have no idea what i should do about it and i just need to pass the exam so please help me
    thanks.

aeadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Malaz, First, just calm down. As long as you are doing your best be at peace with yourself. If you are a full course member on the website simply follow the lesson instructions for the listening and reading. Remember to use the transcripts at the end of the curriculum book for extra help for the listening section. Let us know if you need more help or advice.

aeadmin
    Keymaster

Hi

In the reading section, I’ve been struggling with do I get scores if the answer keys are “water and oxygen” and “early 1920s” while my answers are “water” and “1920s”.

If the answers are not scored, how can I avoid sort of mistakes.

Please help me, I’ve always had same incorrected answers like that.

Lorena Nguyen

aeadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Lorena,

First of all, you should always follow the directions given for the world limit ie NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS.

If this was the case, your first answer – water and oxygen – would be incorrect. Your second answer, if it was given as exactly “early 1920s” in the text, would most likely be correct. When in doubt, write fewer words.

Hope this helps. If you copy and paste the particular questions, I can give you more specific help.

aeadmin
    Keymaster

Hi
    Thanks for your response; I guess I’ve got points for those questions. Questions I asked you are in reading practice test 2 of Prepare for Ielts Academic Practice test of Insearch.
    The instruction of answer key “water and oxygen” is Use no more than three words for each answer.
    The instruction of answer key “ early 1920s” is USING information from the reading passage. Fill in the dates on the table below.
    Yes, No, and Not Given are always tricky. There was one question I didn’t get why it’s “NO” (I thought it must be “Not Given”). Could you explain for me, please.
    The Question
    All the people from the Aztec civilization were rich.
    The passage:

Source: High Impact Ielts Academic Module – Person Longman

aeadmin
    Keymaster

aeadmin
    Keymaster

I couldn’t post the picture by HTML, so, this is a picture link.

Untitled

aeadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Lorena,

The answer would be “not given”, unless that point is covered in another part of the reading passage.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.