ielts writing task 2 in case if we have adv. & disadv. essay

Welcome to Academic IELTS Help Forums Student Support ielts writing task 2 in case if we have adv. & disadv. essay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aeadmin
    Keymaster

aeadmin
    Keymaster

Did you have a question Ahmad? If you do, please ask and we will assist you.

aeadmin
    Keymaster

yes, my question about ielts writing task2, in case if we have adv and disadv what we should do in the essay structure, I mean how many bodies and where we should put the adv. parag and disadv. para
    thank u

aeadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Ahmad, Great question. Actually, our next blog will be about this and other types of task 2 writing. When you have a question which asks for advantages and disadvantages, your first paragraph should be about the disadvantages and the second about the advantages (if you believe that the benefits are more then the negatives). If it is the opposite, the negatives are more than the benefits, it should be the other way, advantages first then body paragraph two, disadvantages. This is if you are discussing one point, for example the advantages and disadvantages of driving a car to work.
    Case 1 – I believe the advantages are more: body 1- Driving a car has negative effects on the environment and health. body 2 – However, the benefit of driving cars are more important, such as time efficiency and transportation convenience.
    Case 2 – I believe the disadvantages are more: (The opposite)
    Case 3 – you have two points – discuss the advantages and disadvantages of driving cars or riding bikes to work: body 1: advantages and disadvantages of cars, body 2 – advantages and disadvantages of bikes, conclusion – compare the two, ‘which is more’
    Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.