How good is my writing? I need to get at least 7, what should i work on?

Welcome to Academic IELTS Help Forums Student Support How good is my writing? I need to get at least 7, what should i work on?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aeadmin
    Keymaster

The graph below shows radio and television audiences throughout the day in 1992.
    Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make

comparisons where relevant.

The line graph illustrates the radio and television audiences throughout the day from 6 am to 6 pm as indicated on the x-axis. The y-axis shows the number of people in percentage, from 0% to 50%. Television audiences are described by the segmented line and the dotted line for radio audiences.
    In the very early morning (around 6 am) no one would watch TV while almost 9% of people would listen to the radio. When the sun rose at 8 to 10 am 29% of people preferred to listen to the radio, which is the highest amount of audience throughout the day. On the other hand, only 4% watched TV during that time. On contrast, most people watched TV from 6 pm to 12 am with a percentage of 40% to 50%. Television audiences substantially increased from 2 pm to 8 pm while radio audiences had decreased gradually to 1% in the end of the day.

Overall, people preferred to listen to the radio in the morning from 7:30 am to 8:30. Nevertheless, TV time would start at 4 pm and end at midnight. 

aeadmin
    Keymaster

Another report I wrote,

The graph shows the proportion of the population aged 65 and over between 1940 and 2040 in three different countries

This line graph shows the growth of the population of elderly people in USA, Sweden and Japan from 1940 to 2040 as indicated on the x-axis. The y-axis indicates the number of people in percentage. The Americans are described by the segmented line, Japanese by the dotted line and the solid line for the Swedish.
    In 1940 the USA had the highest number of elderlies with a percentage of 9%. Similarly, Sweden and Japan had almost the same percentage of approximately 5-7%. However, Japan’s population have slightly decreased to almost 3% in 1985 and started to rise up later. Interestingly, The US and Sweden populations have gradually increased to reach almost 14% in 1999. The old Japanese were almost 50% less comparing to the other two countries. From the legend it is expected that the aged Japanese number would substantially increase to reach it surpass of 27%. Nevertheless the US population will reach no more than 23% while Sweden will rise up to 20%.

Overall, we can infer from the line graph that the number of aged 65 and more people in the three countries are going to be quiet similar in the future.  

aeadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Rania,

The radio task is much cleaner. I would give that a 7, maybe more.

Although I’m not sure where the Sun rises after 8:00.

10:00…maybe in the far north/south in the winter?? 🙂

aeadmin
    Keymaster

hahahaha, I had 20 minutes to write didn’t take my time thinking enough 😛

Well thanks again sir.. this sure helped

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.