British or American pronunciation

Welcome to Academic IELTS Help Forums Student Support British or American pronunciation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am new in IELTS. I don’t know how I will start.

Which pronunciation I will use for academic IELTS ? British or American pronunciation ?

I know that UK take the IELTS exams. So, is it necessary to use British English pronunciation ? Also discuss about accent.

aeadmin
    Keymaster

it is okay weather to use any one of them , but you cant use both of them in the exam . I know that from the book I bought (Barron.s IELTS book) and they say in their introduction that the examiners will accept any one of them as long as you consistent throughout .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Qamar,

I want to use American English for IELTS. I think American English is more easier than British English. Also British English pronunciation is more complex.

aeadmin
    Keymaster

hi guys iam new in ielts how to say amrican idioms for example

aeadmin
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

Whether you use American or British is not important, but you should at least try to be consistent.

However, this is low on the list of priorities you should have during the IELTS speaking section. Far more important are reasonable, well thought out, coherent and fluent responses. A great response with many minor pronunciation errors will score much higher than a poor response with perfect and uniform pronunciation!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.